Skip to main content

7 Locitude Loc Inspiration Divas

Hey peeps,

It's been since forever since I did one of my sevens. So here's to 7 amazing loc heads who have inspired me to be a better loc head.

I love the world we live in today where you don't have to move an inch and yet you have the world at your finger tips. All you really need is a screen of some sort and internet then you are good to go. Locitude for what it is today was largely inspired by the following loc heads. The internet made it possible to connect and I'm happy to have taken it seriously enough to find one more thing I love so much. My hair.

1. Chescalocs - Francesca Ramsey
Chesca is an amazing woman with a big personality who found youtube as a hobby and fame found her. She describes herself as an actress, comedian, vlogger, graphic designer, consultant and natural hair geek.

She inspired me to learn to do my hair myself. She's really creative and usually funny. Check out her youtube channel for hair videos and you can find other cool stuff she's into here

Chescalocs


Chescalocs


Chescalocs


2. Bronze Goddess - Shawnda Patterson 
The Bronze Goddess is one down-to-earth mother of 3 who looks like a teenager. Her hair videos are fun and easy to watch and recreate. Bronze Goddess inspires me to "babe it up". She always looks amazing, though I imagine her life is not a bed a roses; between caring for 3 kids, she helps people by giving advice  through her vlogs called "strawberry letters" and she very recently authored a book "The Dating Game: How to Find yourself while looking for Mr. Right". I love her for being very consistent.

Bronze Goddess describes herself as a motivational speaker, life coach, makeup enthusiast, full time mommy and part time diva. I think the diva part is mostly full time as well :). See the Bronze Goddess for yourself on youtube.

Divalicious - Bronze Goddess


Bronze Goddess


Bronze Goddess.

3. Locs Revolution - Niyya Tenee
Niyya Tenee is the founder of Locs revolution, she's is one passionate individual whom I have had the pleasure of communicating with one on one. She helped take Loc Appreciation Day to the next level by organising meet ups in New York.  She also coordinates organisers of LAD events worldwide. She has a fantastic persona and a good heart, I can feel it all the way from the other side of the world.

Niyya fancies herself as loc stylist, blogger, vlogger, natural hair enthusiast, event coordinator and works as a public health worker by day. She says more than all of these she's an urban single mom trying to make the world a better place for her son.

She inspires me through her passion. Learn more about Niyya through her website. www.locsrevolution.com and follow her on facebook for constant loc inspiration photos.


Niyya Tenee
Niyya Tenee
Niyya Tenee
4. Jasmine rose
Jasmine describes herself as a lover of locs/natural hair, beauty, fashion, health/wellness and all things feminine. I have learnt a few step by step processes of styling my locs from her and most importantly this babe is neat, OMG! I'm inspired by the neatness of her room. Maybe one day, I'll get my room to look like that :).

Follow her on YouTube  or visit her blog. Another thing you should know about Jasmine is that she's an obvious lover of purple.

Jasmine Rose

Jasmine Rose

Jasmine Rose
5. Koko femme
Love her hair videos called loc chronicles. She also does know how to keep it very real. So for some loc realness check out Koko's Loc Chronicles here.

I actually get inspired by her realness, she says it as it is and when you having those "off with this damn loc moments". Koko femme is with you.

Koko Femme

Koko Femme

Koko Femme.

6. Jungle Barbie - Synethia Ennis
 Jungle Barbie is a model from Jamaica who I love for her fantastic and creative loc updos. She's always fab. Always Always. She recently just had a baby and looks great. I'm personally looking forward to her come back.

Warning: You may spend a whole day on her blog. You can also find her on YouTube here.
Jungle Barbie

Jungle Barbie

Jungle Barbie

7. Lyzadora - Tokini Bilaye - Benibo
Lyzadora is a US based Nigerian who's into beauty, hair styling, fitness and makeup. I first noticed her on Instagram and was so proud to find out she's Nigerian. Her hair is gorgeous. This post made me find out a little more about her and I'm genuinely impressed with her work.

Her Instagram pictures inspired me.

Lyzadora


Lyzadora

Lyzadora
This post has turned out much longer than I had bargained for, so I'll wrap it up very quickly. The way I see it all the women above have gone about doing something for themselves and in turn it has inspired me. You never know who's watching and how much you can influence someone else by just living your life. Stay Positive. Wake Up everyday and do something, if not for anyone else let it be for you. 

Keep keeping it loc'd with an attitude.

Gat to run.

Your Loc Head,

Ade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Locitude #LocInspiration Hair Styles for Short Locs.

Hello Loc Heads, This one is obviously for fellow loc heads in the awkward phase of their locs. The awkward phase is usually sometime around Day 1 - Year 2; when your head is full of scalp after a fresh re-twist and your locs seem too scanty, when your hair unravels after a fresh re-twist before you say can say Jack Robinson; when you think water is your worst enemy because it's preventing your locs from forming; when you are having a bad hair day and you feel like - Oh God if only I could get my hair into a ponytail it would do. I can go on and on... but instead I present you with 7 Style Ideas for short locs. #LocInspiration no. 1: Loc loops or Loc petals. Reminds me of a cropped hair cut, this style looks classy and elegant. Can be worn to an event. It's also neat and can help with a more serious/subtle look. #LocInspiration no. 2: Pinned Up side. Even though it is just pinning up one side of your locs, it always make a difference. A touch Style. You can use ha

Hair How To: Loc Loops/Petals in 4 easy steps.

Hello, #TGIF #ItsTheWeekendBaby #PhotoShootModeActivated #Locitude #HairHowTo #LocsAndAttitude #LocWorkshop #ComingSoon #OkReadBelow. I'm obviously excited, payments for my shipment on brand new dada products stock has finally gone through (It is not easy to be a Nigerian #That'sAll), now waiting for the products to get here. I hope it doesn't take forever. I found this FREE accounting app called waves app, which is helping keep my spend together. I usually get excited when I learn new stuff, so yaaaayi. Seems this hobby is becoming a business sooner than I imagined. Sorry back to the Loc loop Tutorial... Step 1: Select two strands of locs close to each other. (You can use only one strand of loc only or 3-4 depending on how thick your locs are) Step 2: Take the ends of your strands, fold them towards the roots making a loop Step 3: Fasten the base of the loop with a tiny rubber band. Make sure it's not too tight. Step 4: Style to your taste

How I Keep My Loc Curls in Check - The 3 step process.

Hey y'all, Today was a good me day, got to hang out with my friends from way back. I was so so so glad I did. It was much fun and I am still rocking my locs in zigzag curls with an attitude. Just thought to drop a quick one on how I have maintained my locs for a whole week without loosing them. Rocking my Zigzag curls, one week in. Wore them down the whole time. Here's my simple 3 step process. 1. The Satin Bonnet Sleep in a Satin bonnet or Scarf. The primary reason for this is to retain moisture and ensure your locs are not picking up lint from your beddings. The added advantage is that is helps to retain your curls when you are asleep as well. :) 2. The Shower Cap + Tee Shirt Take a bath/shower in a shower cap. reinforced with a tee shirt. Yep, if you are trying to retain your curls water isn't your friend. Once water touches your loc curls they are gone. So I use a tee shirt to hold my shower cap up to ensure I don't get water on