Skip to main content

KUI Care Sample Party and Leave-In- Conditioning-Mist Product review

Hello Peeps,

Yes, I know I'm doing good with updating the blog regularly, thank you, thank you, no photographs, no autographs in short no graphs, I'm just trying hard to score high on my performance review tomorrow. Hehehe.... ok on to serious matters, you might be wondering what KUI Care is, if you don't already know, let me tell you.

KUI Care is a proudly Made In Nigeria hair product range specifically for natural hair. I was opportuned  to attend a sample party for said product hosted by Savvy And Chic Hair Beauty Hub early December 2016 and it was a pleasure to meet Majiri Otobo, the creator of KUI Care. Gosh! she has such a winning personality and I will go ahead to famz her here just like I did at the party. We are birthday mates and both our mothers are Ijaw :) In other words we are sisters. Dabs of Naija Hair Can Grow blog captured excerpts and pictures of the entire event and you can read all about it here.

Even though KUI wasn't created for Locs and even though locs are really just natural hair... ok let's not complicate things, I just would like to introduce you to my favourite KUI product and let you know what it can do for locs - KUI Tea-Tree & Cinnamon Leave-In Conditioning Mist.
The above product is advertised to keep hair Soft, Long and Healthy. I have used in my hair since December 2016 till date every other day and I can attest to it's conditioning properties, my locs are soft and nicer to touch. As for the length part there's no way to measure that, so I can't promise you growth. My biggest draw to the product is it's smell. I love love love! If that's what a mix of Tea-Tree and Cinnamon smell like I may as well use it as perfume, lol.

When your locs are properly moisturised they are in a healthy state as they are less prone to breakage from dryness and manipulation. In my last two posts on Loc Length Retention, I mentioned to think moisture, KUI leave-In mist is an easy solution to that. The number one content of the product is water. If you are thinking DIY and wondering what kind of water to oil mixture will be enough, KUI Leave-In is a good alternative to quench your worries.

My verdict.

Function: Excellent
Smell: Awesomely Excellent
Feeling: Excellent
Consistency: Excellent

Overall I'll give KUI Leave-In Conditioning Mist a 9.7/10 just because there's always room for improvement. As you can already tell I love this product and this is my honest, unsolicited, unpaid opinion. I must also say I am proud that it is Made In Nigeria by a Nigerian. if you decide to buy this product it won't be because it is to support our own it would be because it is a damn good product.

Majiri has also done a good job in making KUI accessible Nationwide in Nigeria and I think you can purchase worldwide too.  Check out the KUIcare Website for more deets.

I just had a heavy lunch and sleep is catching me, so at this point I will exercise my CEO rights and take a quick nap to rejuvenate my brain. :)

Till Later,

Your Loc Head
Ade
#TeamLocitude 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7 Locitude #LocInspiration Hair Styles for Short Locs.

Hello Loc Heads, This one is obviously for fellow loc heads in the awkward phase of their locs. The awkward phase is usually sometime around Day 1 - Year 2; when your head is full of scalp after a fresh re-twist and your locs seem too scanty, when your hair unravels after a fresh re-twist before you say can say Jack Robinson; when you think water is your worst enemy because it's preventing your locs from forming; when you are having a bad hair day and you feel like - Oh God if only I could get my hair into a ponytail it would do. I can go on and on... but instead I present you with 7 Style Ideas for short locs. #LocInspiration no. 1: Loc loops or Loc petals. Reminds me of a cropped hair cut, this style looks classy and elegant. Can be worn to an event. It's also neat and can help with a more serious/subtle look. #LocInspiration no. 2: Pinned Up side. Even though it is just pinning up one side of your locs, it always make a difference. A touch Style. You can use ha

Hair How To: Loc Loops/Petals in 4 easy steps.

Hello, #TGIF #ItsTheWeekendBaby #PhotoShootModeActivated #Locitude #HairHowTo #LocsAndAttitude #LocWorkshop #ComingSoon #OkReadBelow. I'm obviously excited, payments for my shipment on brand new dada products stock has finally gone through (It is not easy to be a Nigerian #That'sAll), now waiting for the products to get here. I hope it doesn't take forever. I found this FREE accounting app called waves app, which is helping keep my spend together. I usually get excited when I learn new stuff, so yaaaayi. Seems this hobby is becoming a business sooner than I imagined. Sorry back to the Loc loop Tutorial... Step 1: Select two strands of locs close to each other. (You can use only one strand of loc only or 3-4 depending on how thick your locs are) Step 2: Take the ends of your strands, fold them towards the roots making a loop Step 3: Fasten the base of the loop with a tiny rubber band. Make sure it's not too tight. Step 4: Style to your taste

How I Keep My Loc Curls in Check - The 3 step process.

Hey y'all, Today was a good me day, got to hang out with my friends from way back. I was so so so glad I did. It was much fun and I am still rocking my locs in zigzag curls with an attitude. Just thought to drop a quick one on how I have maintained my locs for a whole week without loosing them. Rocking my Zigzag curls, one week in. Wore them down the whole time. Here's my simple 3 step process. 1. The Satin Bonnet Sleep in a Satin bonnet or Scarf. The primary reason for this is to retain moisture and ensure your locs are not picking up lint from your beddings. The added advantage is that is helps to retain your curls when you are asleep as well. :) 2. The Shower Cap + Tee Shirt Take a bath/shower in a shower cap. reinforced with a tee shirt. Yep, if you are trying to retain your curls water isn't your friend. Once water touches your loc curls they are gone. So I use a tee shirt to hold my shower cap up to ensure I don't get water on